November 26, 2019
Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
Hello there, beautiful vegan, gluten-free, and incredibly delicious mashed potato substitute! While we love a good mashed potato (including the fibrous skin, of course), having a low-carb option to pair alongside traditionally carb-heavy holiday side-dishes is definitely not a bad option! Plus, it tastes SO GOOD you won’t even miss the potatoes. This 6-ingredient recipe is simple, delicious, and only takes 30 minutes to whip up! Did we mention it’s gluten-free and vegan? A great option to have when catering to all different sorts of dietary needs and preferences.
- 2 Head Organic Cauliflower
- 4 Tbsp Vegan Butter (Can use extra-virgin olive oil)
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Unsweetened Plain Almond Milk
- *Fresh Parsley or Chives, chopped (*Optional, for garnish)
- Cut both heads of cauliflower into even florets and rinse. Steam in a large pot under VERY tender, roughly 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the florets cool, uncovered, while you prepare the butter and garlic.
- Saute the minced garlic in a small saucepan with the vegan butter for 2-3 minutes over medium-low heat. The garlic should just barely begin to brown. If you prefer a stronger garlic flavor, you can keep it raw!
- Put half of the steamed cauliflower into a food processor (or blender, you can also use an immersion blender and keep the cauliflower in the pot!). Process until pureed and smooth.
- Add in half of the garlic and butter mixture, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, and puree again until uniformly combined, feel free to add a splash of almond milk to help with the pureeing process. If your processor is big enough, continue adding the remainder of the cauliflower, garlic, and butter. If not, season first batch to liking and transfer to a mixing bowl or serving dish, then repeat the process.
- Garnish with the herbs or even some nutritional yeast! Serve hot, and enjoy!
- SERVES: 6 (Calorie and nutrition breakdown is per serving)
- CALS: 134
- FAT: 7.6g
- CARBS: 14.5 g
- FIBER: 5.6g
- SUGAR: 5.4g
- PROTEIN: 5.5g