November 17, 2015
Thanksgiving Turkey Parmesan
Written By admin • 1 min read
The countdown to Thanksgiving has already begun and it’s time to start preparing for everyone’s favorite holiday feast. Some of you may already have your menus set with the traditional, tasty recipes from last year but, how about changing it up? Our nutritionist has revved up the classic turkey dish just for you! Try this Turkey Parmesan that’s lower in fat and high in protein. Serve it up with your favorite side dish and enjoy with family and friends!
- 2 C. Low-Sugar Pasta Sauce
- ½ C. Pine Nuts, Coarsely Chopped
- ¼ C. Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ t. Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 lb. Turkey Cutlets, About 1/3” Thick
- 2 t. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ C. Shredded Part-Skim Mozzarella or Soy Cheese
- Heat oven to broil.
- Put marinara sauce in a medium size sauce pan. Bring to a simmer over medium low heat. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Stir together pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning in a wide, shallow dish.
- Season turkey cutlets on both sides with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then dredge both sides in nut mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add turkey and cook until coating is golden brown and juices run clear, about 4 minutes per side. If nuts brown too quickly, reduce heat.
- Place turkey in baking pan, top evenly with Mozzarella cheese and broil until cheese melts, about 30 seconds.
- Spoon ½ cup warm sauce on each plate and top each with turkey cutlet and serve.