Yes- you can still eat tacos for breakfast (or lunch… or dinner…) and meet your health and fitness goals!
This recipe makes 2 servings…
- 1 tsp Grapeseed Oil
- 2 Eggs, whole
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/4 C Black Beans, cooked, low sodium
- 2 Tbsp Cheddar Cheese, grated*
- 1/4 C Bell Peppers, chopped
- 1/4 C Onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Corn Tortillas, medium-sized
- Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Wash and chop the bell peppers and onions.
- Beat all eggs in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a medium nonstick pan, heat the grapeseed oil until hot but not smoking. Saute the peppers, onions, and beans until the onions begin to become translucent.
- Add in the eggs and scramble together with everything in the pan. Slowly add in the smoked paprika and salt, to taste.
- Add the egg scramble to the center of each warmed tortilla and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp cheddar cheese. Fold each tortilla into a taco and enjoy!
NUTRITION FACTS (calculated including cheese)
- Calories: 390
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbs: 42 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Sugar: 3 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Protein: 19g