In the spirit of Christmas, we’re whipping up some of the tastiest cookies that you’ll ever try! These Low Sugar Peppermint Chocolate Cookies might just be the perfect addition to your holiday menu. They’re low in sugar and filled with sweet flavor. Give em a taste, but be sure to leave some for Santa!
1. For the cookies, preheat oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut flour and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter with granulated erythritol until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
4. Beat in almond flour mixture until dough comes together.
5. Form into scant 1-inch balls and lay 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
6. Using a flat-bottomed glass covered with parchment paper, flatten dough balls to about ¼ inch thick.
7. Bake 12 minutes, until just firm. Let cool on pan.
8. For the filling, beat butter until smooth, then beat in powdered erythritol.
9. Beat in cream, peppermint extract and food coloring until well combined.
10. Pair cooled cookies for size, and spread the bottom of one cookies with about 2 tsp of peppermint filling. Top with another cookie and repeat with remaining cookies.
11. Roll the sides of cookies in crushed peppermints to garnish.
Each cookie has:
8g of carbs
3.4 g of fiber.