While we’re sharing the recipe in honor of Valentine’s Day, it’s really perfect for a little sweet treat any time, any day of the year! It only takes about 10 minutes to make, so get your sweet treat on and share with a loved one…
- 1/2 cup Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Raw Organic Cacao Powder, sifted
- 2 Tbsp Organic, Pure Maple Syrup (use up to 1/4 Cup if you prefer sweeter chocolate)
- 1 Cup Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1-2 tsp Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
STRAWBERRY & TOPPINGS
- 1/4 Cup Toasted Almonds or Hazelnuts
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Flaked Coconut
- 8-16 Oz Fresh Strawberries
- Rinse and pat dry the strawberries. Set them aside on a small pan or plate lined with parchment paper.
Cacao, Coconut Oil & Maple Syrup Chocolate:
- In a medium saucepan, melt the coconut oil over low heat until completely melted. Remove from heat and whisk in the cacao powder along with the maple syrup until everything is uniformly smooth. Add in a sprinkle of salt and mix again.
Chocolate Chip & Coconut Oil Chocolate:
- Add your chocolate chips to a small bowl and melt in the microwave for 20 seconds. Add in 1 tsp coconut oil, stir, and microwave for another 20 seconds. Continue stirring and microwaving at 20-second intervals until the chocolate chips and coconut oil are melted, smooth, and fully combined.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
- Chop your toasted nuts and place them in a small, shallow bowl. Do the same with your coconut shreds.
- In separate bowls, pour any other toppings you’d like to dip your strawberries in (cacao nibs, anyone?!).
- Set your melted chocolate on a hot pad next to your plate of strawberries.
- Dip the bottom 2/3 of a strawberry in the melted chocolate and then roll it around in the bowl with your desired toppings.
- Place the dipped and dressed strawberry back on the plate/pan. Continue with the rest of your fruit until all are dipped and dressed to your liking.
- Place the plate flat and level in the freezer for about 15 minutes, or until the chocolate is completely set and firm.
- Eat promptly, and enjoy!
Remember to get creative and have fun! Feel free to change it up- add in chia seeds, hemp hearts, or even puffed quinoa! The possibilities are endless.