Oh and Psssst. From now until, September 30th, 2015, enter code pfcfitnesscamp H E R E and get 25% off the Clean Simple Eats 40 Day Meal Planner & Exercise Guide!!
1st, a little history and some impressive credentials
This dynamic duo began as high school sweethearts and have created a life together, sharing their passion for health and fitness. JJ has a BS in Exercise and Sport Science from BYU-Hawaii and three training certifications through the ISSA, NCSF, and TRX. Erika is a Certified Nutrition Consultant through AFPA. Through their clean eating approach and love for all things fitness, this power couple has made a huge impact on so many lives, helping individuals reach their fitness and weight loss potential through their clean and simple philosophy. JJ and Erika love being active together and with their three children, who never fail to keep them on their toes! They truly enjoy sharing their enthusiasm for health and fitness with everyone around them and are now excited to share it with you.
1.Why meal prep?
We live by the age old adage, “If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail.” If you are serious about maintaining optimal health and hitting your wellness goals then meal prep better be part of the equation. A little prep each week will ensure that you will always have a healthy balanced meal at your fingertips. It’s only when you don’t know what or where your next meal will come from that cravings can wreak havoc on your diet. What are some of the benefits of meal prepping? Meal prepping destroys cravings. It takes the question and the stress of finding your next meal out of the equation.
2. What are your top 5 tips for someone who is new to meal prepping?
- Find a meal plan that suits your lifestyle! Having a nutritionist tell you what to eat and when to eat it is a huge plus! Half the battle is coming up with healthy recipes.
- Make sure that the meal plan you choose has a balanced macronutrient approach and a total daily caloric intake. You don’t want to spend your days doing math!
- Don’t bulk prep for more than 3 days at a time. You want your food to not only be healthy, you want it to taste good! You can meal prep and eat fresh at the same time.
- Invest in some tools! A Kitchen-Aid mixer, a food processor, crockpot, grill, and a nice blender (we use the Blendtec). These few items will change your life in the kitchen!
- There is a learning curve! Be patient and the prepping will become second nature.
3. What inspired you to create Clean Simple Eats?
We are both extremely passionate about health and fitness. Clean Simple Eats started out as a simple way to share clean eating recipes with a few friends. It quickly grew into something much more. The community surrounding us is absolutely amazing! The stories of transformation, weight loss, strength gains, self-control, beating addiction and personal triumph continue to inspire us to be our very best day in and day out! It’s the people, the community surrounding Clean Simple Eats, that make this so special.
4. Describe your “clean eating” approach?
It’s pretty simple— balance in all things. Nothing too extreme or restrictive. We believe that strong bodies are built from the inside out. Fueling your body with whole foods from all food groups (grains, veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, dairy, eggs and fish) will help you look better, feel incredible, find your peak performance and enhance your life. We’re here to prove that clean eating can be simple and delicious! Think of Clean eating as a lifestyle, not a diet. You should enjoy eating, so grab your fork and dig in!
5. Describe a typical day someone would experience following your 40 day meal plan and exercise guide. What are some examples of clean eats?
Scroll down to see what a typical day looks like on the 40 Day plan with workouts and some of our favorite recipes!
6. After experiencing a week at PFC as a couple, what were some of your biggest takeaways? How did it effect your clean eating lifestyle?