What’s better than waking up to the smell of freshly made banana muffins? Absolutely nothing! The next time you’re craving some of that rich, moist banana bread, try out this recipe. These will not only be the best muffins you ever eat, but they are low on the glycemic index and full of delicious flavor. Let us know what you think!
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 1/2 C. Almond Milk
- 1/2 C. Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1 T. Stevia
- 2 C. GF Flour
- 1 T. Ground Flaxseed
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 C. Water
- Optional: Walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine bananas, vanilla, eggs, stevia & applesauce in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and combine until smooth.
5. Scoop into prepared muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
6. Top with 2-3 pecans and serve.
Yields 9 Muffins: 173 Calories / 7g Fat