When the Moon Hits Your Eye, Like a Big Pizza Pie!
Yes, I know!!!
You are probably asking yourself right now, Pizza Chef? Pizza can become a fun and healthy alternative during anytime of the day. It really depends on the ingredients used that will make a difference on your long and short term goals to a healthy weight loss. I chose to put a twist on the crust by using Spelt Flour and Chia Seed.
1 teaspoon turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw)
1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups spelt flour
1 1/2 cups organic all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon chia seed
1. In a large bowl, dissolve turbinado sugar in warm water. Sprinkle yeast over the top, and let stand for about 10 minutes, until foamy.
2. Stir the olive oil, salt and chia seed into the yeast mixture, then mix in the spelt flour and 1 cup of the all-purpose organic flour until dough starts to come together. Place dough onto a surface floured with the remaining all-purpose flour, and knead until all of the flour has been absorbed, and the ball of dough becomes smooth, about 10 minutes. Next, in a slightly oiled bowl, turn to coat the surface. Cover loosely with a towel, and let stand in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
3. When the dough is doubled, place the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and divide into two pieces for thin crust, or leave whole to make one thick crust. Form into a tight ball. Let rise for about 45 minutes, until doubled.
4. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Roll a ball of dough with a rolling pin until it will not stretch any further. Then, drape it over both of your fists, and gently pull the edges outward, while rotating the crust. When the circle has reached the desired size, place on a well sprayed pizza pan. Top pizza with your favorite toppings, such as sauce, and in this case fresh mozzarella. Top with fresh basil when ready to serve.
5. Bake for 16 to 20 minutes (depending on thickness) in the preheated oven, until the crust is crisp and golden at the edges, and cheese is melted on the top.
VIDEO OF COOKING CLASS WITH CHEF JASON KIEFFER:
Here at Premier Fitness Camp in Utah we believe in teaching you how to cook and create dishes that are healthy and full of nutrition. Weight loss camps need to provide a way for you to be able to go home and maintain your weight loss. One of the ways we do this is with weekly cooking classes with Chef Jason Kieffer each week teaching us about a full range of dishes that are nutrition packed, vitamin filled, and taste great!