Stevia is the world’s only all natural sweetener with zero calories, zero carbohydrates and a zero glycemic index. Native people in Paraguay and other parts of South America have used stevia safely for centuries. Harvested from a plant in the daisy family, stevia provides a truly delicious and healthy alternative to sugar or chemical sweeteners. The sweet part of the stevia herb is extracted and converted into an intensely sweet powder which is 300x sweeter than sugar. This sweet powder is then blended with other all-natural ingredients to create the delicious and healthy sweetener.
A number of studies show that Stevia can be beneficial in the treatment of many health conditions. Stevia is believed to have anti-bacterial, anti-septic, anti-microbial, anti-oxidant, anti-glycemic, and anti-hypertensive properties which may help with hypertension (high blood pressure).
- Chronic fatigue
- Indigestion, upset stomach, heartburn
- Weight loss
- Cold and flu
- Gingivitis, tooth decay, cavities
- Candidiasis, bacterial infections and skin conditions such as cuts, wounds, rashes, itchiness, blemishes, acne, seborrhoeic dermatitis, dermatitis, eczema, and wrinkles
- Improve energy levels
- Strengthen immune system
- Stimulate mental activity
- May help in withdrawl from tobacco and alcohol addiction
DIETER’S BEST FRIEND:
It sounds too good to be true right? A zero calorie sweetener that is actually healthy too? Stevia can be purchased in two forms: liquid or powder. Powdered stevia packets are the perfect replacement for those sugar or Splenda packets while liquid form is a handy mix in for recipes and foods. With stevia on your side there is no need to turn to sweetened oatmeals, yogurts, drinks, and sodas which are packed full of high fructose corn syrup or artificial chemically sweeteners.
LIQUID STEVIA FLAVORS:
Trying to eat healthier? Have a big sweet tooth? Here is the solution! Liquid stevia is available in a large variety of flavors to enhance any beverage or food you can imagine! You can easily dress up the taste of water, coffee, tea, yogurt, cocktails, whip cream, smoothies, ice cubes, and nearly anything else.Still with zero calories, carbohydrates, and a zero glycymic index… feel free to experiment guilt free! Available flavors offered by SweetLeaf include:
* Cinnamon * Grape * Chocolate * Peppermint * Root Beer * Apricot Nectar * English Toffee * Vanilla Creme * Valencia Orange * Lemon Drop * Chocolate Raspberry * Berry * Hazelnut *
IDEAS TO EXCITE YOUR TASTE BUDS:
Stevia liquid flavors are extremely powerful so only a few drops are needed to sufficiently sweeten an item, but use as much or as little as you like! I carry a bottle of flavored stevia in my purse and gym bag at all times. A little bit goes a long way for both your taste buds and your health! I was introduced to Stevia while staying at Premier Fitness Camp during one of our Food + Nutrition Classes.
- Plain greek nonfat yogurt: Add a few drops of any flavored stevia you like! The flavors are very true to the real thing so a few drops of chocolate raspberry in your plain sour yogurt will turn it into a delicious dessert instantly!
- Oatmeal: A few drops of the english toffee, vanilla cream or hazlenut are always a favorite choice to liven up plain, healthy steel cut oats.
- Tea: Try lemon or peppermint to sweeten up a favorite warm drink.
- Coffee: Forget the pumps of syrup! A little bit of hazelnut, vanilla cream, or english toffee should do the trick!
- Carbonated water: Want a soda that is actually good for you? Add a few drops of grape, rootbeer, or a combination of vanilla cream and rootbeer to plain carbonated water and instantly have a bottle of healthy diet soda! It tastes just like the real thing too!
- Recipes: Stevia, whether flavored or plain can be used in place of sugar or brown sugar in any recipe to save hundreds of calories and a spike in blood sugar levels.
PRODUCTS USING STEVIA:
More and more companies are beginning to use Stevia in replacement of artificial sweeteners and sugar. Often the products are slightly more expensive, but your wallet will thank you when your medical bills decrease. Check out Zevia, a zero calorie soda sweetened with Stevia.
WHERE TO BUY:
Stevia products can be found in Wholefoods and many other natural or health food stores, ordering online from Amazon, or Stevia’s website itself are always options too.