Its summer time which means its now the perfect time to start incorporating fun, easy, healthy and fresh from the garden appetizers! Here is one of our favorites at Premier Fitness Camp!
Many of you have ordered bruschetta at your favorite restaurant but have you every made it yourself? This is a very quick and easy recipe. Bruscheeta is an Italian cuisine. Which is normally prepared with only 3-4 ingredients! Making this dish a 10-15 minute dish! Bruschetta normally includes tomatoes, onion, garlic and fresh basil.
Different Ways to Incorporate Bruschetta
Not only can you put it on a slice of French bread but you can also add bruschetta on top of your freshly grilled slice of meat or add on top of your salad. This will add a fabulous taste to your homemade dish. Here at Premier Fitness Camp we add this appetizer to the top of our grilled chicken!
Health Benefits of Bruschetta
—> Tomatoes – High in antioxidants and contains Vitamin A and C.
—> Garlic – Helps lower blood pressure, antibacterial, antiviral and anti fungal.
—> Basil – Vitamin A and K, antioxidant and MORE!
—> Onions – Calcium, magnesium, potassium and phosphorus and relief from diseases like the common cold, asthma, bacterial infections.
We not only serve healthy and tasty meals here at Premier Fitness Camp weight loss resort, we teach you how to cook healthy meals and the health benefits and nutrition behind each item to help you make better decisions on the road to a healthier life!
- 3 fresh, ripe Roma tomatoes
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic (or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 4 slices sourdough, French or country-style bread, or whole wheat bread about 1/2-inch thick
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
– Wash the tomatoes
– Then cut down the middle with a plastic knife and remove most of the seeds and juice
– Chop into small pieces, and add to small bowl
– Tear or chop basil into small pieces
– Then add to tomatoes in bowl, along with the oregano and garlic
– Toast bread slices to desired brownness
– Spoon the tomato mixture evenly over the toasted bread slices
– Sprinkle with salt and pepper
– Drizzle about 1 teaspoon of olive oil over the top of each tomato-topped bread slice
– Makes 4 servings